John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Rev. Charles G. Finney 1792 - 1875

Pastor Jay
    Admin

Rev. Charles G. Finney 1792 - 1875

Post  Pastor Jay on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

One of histories first Black Regiment Pastors, Charles G. Finney shared his views concerning what today would be called the New World Order. Spoken at one of his sermons, a quote:

He said, "If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that the very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it."

More famous quotes from this Rev. Finney

http://christian-quotes.ochristian.com/Charles-Finney-Quotes/
    Pastor Jay
    Admin

Brief Biography Charles G. Finney

Post  Pastor Jay on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

The link below is to a short Biography of this Evangelical Minister. I would strongly reccomend reading it. I found it to be quite interesting. He's a brief clip from his biography in the link;

He continued to preach the gospel, with increasing power and results, visiting many of the leading cities of America and Great Britain. Sometimes the power of God was so manifest in his meetings that almost the entire audience fell on their knees in prayer or were prostrated on the floor. When in the pulpit he sometimes felt almost lifted off his feet by the power of the Spirit of God. Some persons believe that the moral work of the Holy Spirit is not accompanied by any physical manifestations; but both in Bible times and in Finney's meetings remarkable physical manifestations seemed to accompany the moral work of the Holy Spirit when the moral work was deep and powerful. At times, when Finney was speaking, the power of the Spirit seemed to descend like a cloud of glory upon him. Often a hallowed calm, noticeable even to the unsaved, seemed to settle down upon cities where he was holding meetings. Sinners were often brought under conviction of sin almost as soon as they entered these cities.

http://www.charlesgfinney.com/lawsonbio.htm

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:27 am