John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Romans 13 1-7, My Belief on it's Meaning.

Pastor Jay
    Admin

Romans 13 1-7, My Belief on it's Meaning.

Post  Pastor Jay on Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Romans 13 widely viewed meaning is for christians to follow the rule of law in the land. This view centers on the use of the word "Power" found in verses 1-7 of the the text. A little known fact is that the word "power" in the unabriged English Dictionary can have over a dozen different definitions. Which one applies here? Does it mean the governments authority, the power to act or the right to choose?
    The word Paul used in Romans 13 is one of more than half a dozen greek words translated in english into the word "power" in the New Testament.
    The Greek word Paul used in Romans 13 is EXOUSIA.

Definition: power of choice; liberty of doing as one pleases. In Hebrews 13:10 and Revelations 22:14 it is translated as "right", and is translated as "liberty" in Paul's own 1 Corinthians 1:9.

Throughout the original text of the bible the greek word exousia translated as "liberty" or "right" would fit in the context of the biblical scripture. In Plato's notes the greek words for freedom are "eleutheros (liberal/free)" and "exousia (freedom/power to do something)", I believe Plato himself knew exactly what those words meant during his time. Also the word "exousia" is considered one of the strongest words in the greek language to mean "liberty."
    Knowing this, there should be no question that the word exousia in the original text means power in the sense of "the right to choose" or "liberty of choice." Romans 13 should be read and understood as:

1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher liberty. For there is no liberty but of God.The liberties that be are ordained by God. 2. Whosoever resisteth the liberty, resisteth the ordinance of God; and they that resist shall recieve to themselves damnation. 3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the liberty? Do that which is good and , and thou shalt have praise of the same;

From beginning to end, the bible is talking about the liberty of men under God rather than the subjection of the people under men like Cain, Lemech, Nimrod, Pharaoh, and even Ceaser. We are not to be the subjects of tyrants. There is a distinction between the privileges of government granted by the people and the rights of the people granted by God. While we are to give to Ceasers what is Ceasers, we are also to give to God what is God's. In todays world often governments think they have the right to that which belongs to God. Christ came to set men free in spirit and truth, even if that means the people appear to disobey the demands of mortal men and their governments.
    In Acts 5:29 Peter and the other apostles answered and said, "We ought to obey God rather than men". I believe the apostles definitely had the right idea about this.

God Bless you all, and may the Lord God Almighty keep you safe. In Jesus name, AMEN !!!
    bluemtnmarc

Re: Romans 13 1-7, My Belief on it's Meaning.

Post  bluemtnmarc on Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 am

wanted to share a link on Romans 13 but can't for 7 days?
    JoeHagmann
    Admin

Post  JoeHagmann on Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks for posting this Pastor Jay, i will have to go through my notes. We need a good discussion on this topic, people need to understand the depths of evil working against us now. The word of the Lord is being twisted to fit evil agendas.
    Pastor Jay
    Admin

Blue and Joe

Post  Pastor Jay on Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Blue, the 7 day waiting period for posting links is not within my control to change. It's part of the forumotion rules themselves.

Joe, Yes i strongly agree that this should be discussed since many seem to be missunderstanding what it is they are reading in Romans 13.

VickiePsa1

Post  VickiePsa1 on Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm not nearly as studied as he in matters of U.S. civil government and law, but one of my sons says the "highest power," the "ruler," of the U.S. is the Constitution. At least as pertains to our country, problems dealing with, and understanding, this passage would seem to lie with those who believe we've a mandate to submit to men who are lawbreakers and to tyranny, eh? -Vickie
    MarkedbyHeaven

Romans 13

Post  MarkedbyHeaven on Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 am

I believe Obama is reflective of God's judgement upon America as stated in vs. 4 ~He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.~ If we truly believe God is in control of all things and has a plan, let us not negate His authority in regards to who He places in rule over us. Just as Judas was created to serve a pupose, should we cut off the ear of the soldier, as Paul did?

Put your sword back in it's place, for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Matthew 26:52

Just my thoughts.... Peace!
    DeltaUp777

Amen

Post  DeltaUp777 on Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 am

Thank you Pastor Jay for posting this topic.
    We can not serve two masters.Choose this day whom ye shall serve.
    As for me,I will serve the Lord.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:10 am