WORD OF TRUTH

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

OxyContin for 6 Year Old Kids? For Real?? What??

Pastor Jay
    Pastor Jay
    Admin

OxyContin for 6 Year Old Kids? For Real?? What?? Empty OxyContin for 6 Year Old Kids? For Real?? What??

Post  Pastor Jay Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm

July 2,2012

The makers of OxyContin, the highly addictive pain killer, are asking the FDA to approve distribution of the label to 6yr old kids. Don't we have enough drug addicts in the world today? Now the makers of OxyContin want to expand the addiction to pain killers to little kids. Satan knows no bounds, this attempt to get approval by the FDA should be shot down immediately as a direct assault on young children.

Clip from link below:

But in the case of Oxycontin, Kolodny and others worry that children are especially vulnerable to addiction. He also points to a 2005 study from the University of Michigan finding that children who are prescribed opioids are more likely to abuse painkillers in later life.
    Teen abuse of OxyContin has already taken an epic toll on communities across the country.

“We’ve had 10 people die since May. Constant funerals lately,” said Joanne Peterson, founder of Learn to Cope, a Massachusetts-based group that helps parents of pill-addicted youth. All of the young people died from heroin overdoses, but their addiction started with OxyContin, she said. They moved to heroin because it provides a similar high but is cheaper. “I’m not going to ever trust anybody who mismarketed that drug on purpose."

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07/02/070212-news-oxycontin-kids-1-4/

God Bless

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am